Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 2 Leadership Blog Post: Where Do I Want To Share My Project?



When I first looked at the list of publications to potentially list my project I became a little discouraged. The list bore very few publications that I might possibly send my submission to. Then I realized that the list is just a starting point. That made my life much easier.

When I was originally looking for general publications to submit my research I came across the Music Educators Journal.

http://mej.sagepub.com/

I though this would be a great place to start for my research. The journal is a place to present practical teaching techniques, issues, and trends in music education.

The second publication that I found was the Music Teachers National Association publication American Music Teacher.  

http://www.mtna.org/publications/american-music-teacher/

According to the MTNA website, “The purpose of American Music Teacher is to provide articles, reviews and regular columns that inform, educate and challenge music teachers and foster excellence in the music teaching profession.”

I do realize that I will only be able to publish my research findings to one of these journals, but feel confident that either one of them would reach a large audience.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found places/journals that you could use. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete