Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 1 Leadership Blog Post: To Publish or To Present


Worship leading at my church. 



When I first read the assignment details I immediately started getting butterflies in my stomach. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind being in front of people. I truly enjoy performing (singing, playing guitar, etc) for others as I have been practicing  since I was a young boy.

So, I guess my choice would be to publish. Teaching students is one thing, but having an audience of educators, quite frankly, would take some time to prepare for. Not to mention the feeling of being under a microscope. To this point in life, speaking in front of others has been a challenge for me.

Publishing, although still under the same microscope, takes some of the sting of presenting for me. Maybe some day I’ll hone my presentation skills, which will help reduce the fear and nervousness of presenting. Who knows? Anything is possible.

Where to publish? There are so many publications listed by Dr. Bedard, it could be a cumbersome task to find one. I guess a broadcast approach would be a place to start. Send the project out to many in the hope that one or more would accept the project for publication. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting approach. I guess with publishing the pain of rejection is more "remote" and less threatening than during a presentation. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete