Friday, August 12, 2011

PE1_iMovie

Prior to using Apple's iMovie I had spent some time working with another video editor called Sony Vegas. Since it had been a while since I used the Vegas software I had become out of touch with video editing in general. While working in iMovie it became apparent that this is a different type of editor. I was able to manipulate the software without having to watch hour upon hour of tutorials. I thought that I was getting a handle on the software until...............wait...............I watched the tutorials on lynda.com. This software, although intuitive enough for the beginner, has plenty of editing power that even the most advanced video guru can have fun with it.

The first few video tutorials by Garrick Chow were common types of functions for any video software. (how to import media) Next, the tutorials got into the nuts and bolts of how to organize, rate, and tag video clips for quick recall when building movies. What really grabbed my attention was the tutorials on editing and fine tuning your video. I have included a screenshot of the slip editing function. which is an example of the fine tuning editing functions that can make the editing process more efficient and effective. I look forward to finishing the tutorials to find out more of the creativity functions of iMovie.
Slip editing function

No comments:

Post a Comment